Welcome to Culinary Historians of Canada! We’re open to everyone who wants to know more about the history of cooks and cooking, foods and foodways in Canada.
- Monday, July 11: Melon: A Global History, 7 to 9 p.m.: Museum Morsels Heritage Culinary Club at Parkwood Estate and the CHC present author and culinary historian Sylvia Lovegren chatting about the history of melon and her book, Melon, A Global History, at Parkwood Estate in Oshawa.
- Tuesday, August 9: Lost Breweries of Toronto, 7 to 9 pm.: Jordan St.John, the leading expert on the history of brewing in Ontario and author of the books Ontario Beer and Lost Breweries of Toronto, will present a talk about Toronto’s brewing history in the auditorium at the Ralph Thornton Centre in Toronto. Buy tickets here.
See our Upcoming Events page for more details.
Be sure to read the June issue of our free monthly e-newsletter, Digestible Bits & Bites! Don’t forget to join our discussions on our Facebook page and read these pages, where CHC members:
- share back copies of their newsletter and details of upcoming meetings and events
- publish historic recipes
- direct you to working historic kitchens in Canadian museums
- provide a wealth of other information for food-history buffs, including a bibliography of Canadian culinary history sources and links to key international food-history web sites.