Welcome to Culinary Historians of Canada! We’re open to everyone who wants to know more about the history of cooks and cooking, foods and foodways in Canada.
- Unfortunately, Sylvia Lovegren’s talk Dangerous, Deceitful, Delicious Melons has been cancelled.
- In mid-June, Jordan St.John, the leading expert on the history of brewing in Ontario and author of the books Ontario Beer and Lost Breweries of Toronto, will present a talk about Toronto’s brewing history inToronto. His latest book, The Ontario Craft Beer Guide (co-authored with Robin LeBlanc), will be available for sale. Expect some beer sampling, too! More details to follow soon.
Be sure to read the May issue of our free monthly e-newsletter, Digestible Bits & Bites! Don’t forget to join our discussions on our Facebook page and read these pages, where CHC members:
- share back copies of their newsletter and details of upcoming meetings and events
- publish historic recipes
- direct you to working historic kitchens in Canadian museums
- provide a wealth of other information for food-history buffs, including a bibliography of Canadian culinary history sources and links to key international food-history web sites.